Thursday, October 3, 2013

HELP!! How do I review SEPTEMBER ENDS??




(It's a review disguised as an email. You can find the review on Amazon.com)




From: Natasha Johnstone

Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:02 PM

To: Hunter S. Jones

Subject: Review of September Ends

Dear Hunter,

Having read your book, I have to ask how in the hell do you expect me to review this book without giving away any spoilers when all I want to do is gush about each and every word you wrote?

There is no way I can possibly do this book justice with meagre words. I have to compliment you on your seamless transition from diary entry and chatroom post to poetry and story telling. The flow in this book is remarkable considering the multiple genre aspects and writing techniques incorporated. This is by far one of the most intelligently written books I have ever read. Your book itself is clever! As a reader I was completely drawn in and unable to put the book down. As an Author myself, I could have kicked myself for not EVER thinking of doing what you did. Bravo!!

As for the story? WOW! I knew what was coming at every turn, but when it did happen as I predicted, the way you wrote it had me surprised regardless and it was as if I had forgotten I knew what was going to happen? I know, I sound crazy. It's Insane!!

One does not have to love poetry to understand the meanings in the poems. You portrayed your characters with an authenticity rarely found these days. This book is beautifully written and overall this story was easy to relate to and very enjoyable. I don't think there is anything that I don't love about this book!!! Honest to God, I swear, this is a masterpiece deserving of a 5 star rating.

BUT, I can not put my finger on it? It could be the story or the way it was written, I find myself unable to think of anything else but this book and it will stay with me for a very long time. I just wish I knew how to tell my readers about it?

Any advice?

Kind Regards

Natasha Johnstone
PS: Why would you sell something this good for only $2.99????

No comments:

Post a Comment