Wednesday, November 21, 2012

E.R. Pierce - The Next Big Thing


Good Morning! I am so happy to participate in the Next Big Thing, blog hop.  I have to thank Hunter S. Jones for asking me to participate. At the end of the post you will find links to the next big thing authors. Please, follow their links and check out what they have to offer.

What is the (working title) of your book?
Duality,  A Cordelia Kelly Novel.
Where did the idea come from for the book?
Cordelia is an empath, and she reads people really well. She struggles with her light and dark sides. The idea stemmed from myself, as I have the innate ability to do the same.
What genre does your book fall under?
Darker, more Urban Fantasy, I suppose. There are sexual overtones, sexuality, and sensuousness about Duality, so it bridges the gap, in my opinion. It’s hard to pin the genre down, so I would leave it up to you, once you read it.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Cordelia would be tough to cast, but maybe Scarlett Johansen or Kirsten Dunst. I also really love Melanie Martinez from the NBC show, THE VOICE. But she is really young. For Sol… Man, I have no idea. He would be impossible to cast. He’s mysterious, alluring, intelligent, dangerous and he oozes pheromones.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Duality is about balancing your needs and wants. There is a thin line between good and evil, and Cordelia walks the line with soft feet.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I self-publish
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About 3 months. My muse can be fickle and sometimes takes off for a while. But also, I have four kids, a husband and a household to run, and they sometimes have to come first.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I’m not sure, to be honest. Empaths aren’t all the rage, currently.
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My need to release the emotions pent up inside my head.
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
I think a lot of readers will relate on some level to Cordelia. She’s a good person, her heart is always in the right place, but sometimes she makes bad decisions, and she’s had a lot of trauma in her life. She struggles with herself, with her opinions, with her needs and wants.

My Next Big Thing Authors:
Hunter S. Jones penned Fables of the Reconstruction. An erotic zombie story set in London’s White Chapel District. Check out her blog, her book, and prepare to be entertained.
Nichelle Gregory writes extremely sexy stories, and you should totally check out all her books on Amazon. I’m proud to have Nichelle as a friend.
Jinni James is a new friend of mine, and she just revealed her brand new cover on my blog, for Aspen’s Vamp.
Elodie Parks is a new author who penned The Horoscope Writer
Lisa Worrall is an amazing author friend of mine who specializes in heartwarming m/m romances.
Provocative erotica designed to turn you on by Secret Narrative writing as Elizabeth Woodham. Elizabeth lives and works in London, England. Her titles feature engaging, believable characters, and great storytelling. Always passionate and erotic, sometimes amusing, occasionally harsh, she wishes you as much pleasure reading her stories as she’s had creating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment